Join IBEW 569: Call (858) 569-8900

Current Member

Laid Off or Unemployed?

Attention IBEW 569 Members – Are you unemployed or experienced a lay-off recently? We are here to help you get employment and benefits! Click here for a copy of our Resource Flyer, and see below for more guidance. 

Assemblymember Miguel Santiago also compiled this use information pertaining to filing for unemployment and COVID-19:

Below is some information regarding Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims from the Economic Development Department (EDD).

What can I do if I can’t work because I’m sick or quarantined because of COVID-19?

What kind of sick leave is available to me?

Sick leave varies by employee. For details see Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): Frequently Asked Questions on laws enforced by the California Labor Commissioner’s Office.

What if my employer does not have paid sick leave?

For those not able to secure paid leave, state (California Family Rights Act) and federal laws (Family and Medical Leave Act) may qualify you for up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year.

Do I need a note or certificate from a medical provider to file for unemployment?

No, a medical certificate is not required. Here is more information on who is eligible for Unemployment Insurance (UI).

What if I can’t work because I’m taking care of someone who’s sick or quarantined? 

What can I do if my work hours are reduced because of COVID-19? 

You can file an Unemployment Insurance claim.

What can I do if I miss work because of school closures?