PLA Victory at San Diego Airport
The San Diego Airport Authority has voted to negotiate a PLA (Project Labor Agreement) with the San Diego Building & Construction Trades Council for the upcoming $3 billion Terminal 1 Project!
Project Labor Agreements enable local hiring and help manage complex projects to be on time and on budget.
Much thanks to the board, union members, contractors, & community leaders who took action this morning to support projects built on-time, on-budget by local workers! Plus a hat-tip to our women veterans and journeyman electricians, Lynn Minor and Jennifer Wilson, for testifying the benefits of a PLA! Check out the video of their testimony here: https://youtu.be/Pb6bTayJx4w.
The San Diego Airport Terminal 1 Project will create thousands of good-paying local construction jobs, and will join the following airports in construction or modernizing facilities under a Project Labor Agreement:
- LaGuardia International Airport
- Long Beach International Airport
- Los Angeles / LAX International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- O’Hare International Airport
- Oakland International Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- San Jose International Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport